Thursday, 19 August 2010
With a little time on my hands, while waiting for paint to dry on the shop box, I painted some of the 1/48th scale furniture that I had already sprayed with primer.
There was a few mould lines to cut of and sand before painting but the reast of the transformation has just been a quick brush or two with paint. I will add some clock faces to the clocks when I find my printies.
Tuesday, 17 August 2010
I have used a different door to that which came with the kit as this did not have a window. I used a cheap wooden Georgian door and removed the top 4 panels by simply cutting through with a craft knife. Then used some thin strips of wood for a frame and some plastic off some packaging for the window.
This picture show the inside of the front wall..
"Realistic brick compond".
Below is a video from the makers of this product, showing the process of stencilling the bricks.
I want to just add one thing to the video. They say you can add the stencil back on before the first lot of bricks is dry, but I found I was squashing some of the wet bricks, so I quickly dried the overlapping area a llittle with a hair dryer.