Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Shop Box 2

Finally found time to work on the 2nd shop box last week. I constructed and undercoated it last year!

I started by painting the shop front. I really didn't know what colours or style I wanted so just took hold of the nearest pots of paint and painted. I must try this approach more often. Less time thinking so more got done and the result was quite good and has lead the way for the inside decor.

Moving inside, I used some coordinating blue tile paper for the floor...

And put tongue and groove panelling on the bottom half of the wall.
Next job, paper on the top half of the wall, cornice and lights.



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous shop box. The front is stunning and I love your choice of colours.
    The panelling looks very professional. Have you made it from scratch or did you use a kit?
    Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I saw a real shop with a nice looking front like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shop front is gorgeous! It will be a stunning shop with that front and the lovely interior. Great idea to put the panelling on the wall - it gives them a real character. I wish I could just grab a paint pot and paint, but I need to order the supplies for the interior of anything I do in advance if I'm getting them from overseas since it takes 2 weeks for things to arrive in Aus! So that limits the spur-of-the-moment type decisions.

    ReplyDelete